As we know them today, mobile apps emerged with the launch of the very first iPhone model in 2007. In the years since, all manner of casino apps have been launched to enable operators to give their players gaming on the go. And while there is currently a transition to browser-based gameplay, the larger casino sites do still have apps.
Best Real Money Casino Apps
This was one of the first casinos to launch with a mobile focus. It continues to make its own games and you can try them with a £5 free bonus and a 100% match bonus.Visit website for full T&C's.
LadyLucks grants you a £20 free bonus with no deposit required. When you do make a deposit, there will be a huge £500 welcome bonus waiting for you.Visit website for full T&C's.
Moobile Games has a £5 no deposit offer. Then will come £225 in bonuses for your three starting deposits with the site.Visit website for full T&C's.
Casino Apps and Compatibility
Outside of casino apps, this type of software has always encountered compatibility challenges. This is because the very nature of app development means that they are created exclusively for the operating system on which they will run. For this reason, an operator making a real gambling app has to have one for Android users and one for Apple users. There cannot be the same app for both.
Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, so casino operators have to ensure that their apps will function across the many different devices found on the platform. And although Apple iOS is the second most popular, it is less challenging because there are fewer devices, with operators only concerned with the different models of iPhone and iPad.
With the on-going costs associated with developing and maintaining the best casino app for different operating systems, only the largest operators are committing major resources to the approach. Instead, it is now much more efficient to design a single site that functions within HTML5 web browsers. The sites are designed to optimise, which means that they can adjust their size to accommodate the size of the current smartphone or tablet.
Just for Fun Casino Apps
The rise of just for fun apps means that players can practise before committing to casino app real money sites. Ultimately, casino games have complex odds attached to them, so it can help for players to try games like blackjack and roulette free and without the fear of making mistakes. Below are the best free apps for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Google Play for Android
- Big Fish Casino – Nearly 300,000 players have combined to give Big Fish Casino a 4.3 average rating. The benefit of downloading this app is that you will have diverse gaming options in the form of blackjack, Texas hold’em, roulette, and slot games.
- Double Down Casino – Boasting a player-base of more than 230,000 Android users, Double Down Casino combines both table games and online slots. With more than 80 slots to choose from, players can explore titles like Wheel of Fortune and Ellen.
- GSN Casino – The third Android option is also in the 200k club. GSN Casino offers daily free tokens to enable players to enjoy bingo, table games, video poker, and mobile slots on their smartphone or tablet.
App Store for Apple iOS
- Big Fish Casino – You can also find Big Fish Casino in the App Store, with compatibility ensured for iPhone and iPad. Said to be the most popular just for fun casino app in the world, this version also has Texas hold’em, blackjack, slots, and roulette.
- Blackjack – TapTapBoom’s Blackjack app is used by thousands of players to fine-tune their strategy. The streamlined design makes it a pleasure to practise the various outcomes, such as splitting your cards.
- Slotomania HD Casino – iPhone and iPad users can download Slotomania HD Casino for a more focused just for fun experience. Designed by Playtika, this app features slots with thrilling themes, including aliens, Egyptians, and vampires.
Now that you have just for fun and real money casino app recommendations, you can go play in confidence. Stick with CasinoJuggler.com for even more expert advice.