Emoticons are the visual symbols that replaced colons and brackets when creating smiley faces and other images in digital messaging. This phenomenon paved the way for The Emoji Movie in 2017, but now there are Emoticoins slots at Microgaming casinos.
Yarrrr, matey! Lucky Admiral showers you with freebies as soon as you join: spin the Mega Reel and Win up to 500 free spins on Starburst & more! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
The Emoticoins slot will not win Microgaming any awards for visual design, but it’s the functionality that matters. After all, this was a slot that was designed based on an internal pitching initiative that was opened up to all Microgaming employees.
This Emoticoins slot review can confirm that there are five reels and three rows, enabling for 15 symbols to appear. It’s surprising to see that five playing card symbols have included along with five emoticons. Microgaming should have made them all emoticons to further strengthen the theme of the game.
The major factor driving the wagering is that the 30 paylines are mixed, which means that players cannot increase or decrease the total number that are active. If players wish to lower their wagers, then the only option is to adjust the betting value. This will permit a minimum bet of £0.30 on the Emoticoins slot.
Emoticoins is a slot that will definitely interest the players who don’t mind the higher degree of volatility that comes with targeting huge jackpots. By matching five sunglasses emoticons, a player can trigger an 850x multiplier. Meanwhile kisses will be worth 750x and the bright smile is valued at 650x. Overall, the top jackpot can be £92,000.
Emoticoins offers four core special features that can help support a winning session on this fun Microgaming slot:
- Wilds: The green wild symbols are allowed to substitute for bonus symbols, but can offer even more functionality.
- Wild Blast: There is the chance of up to five symbols changing into wild symbols on any spin and guaranteeing a cash win.
- Wild Stickers: Each alternate free spins will cause an additional symbol to transform into a wild.
- Scatters: The LOL scatters are worth watching because they can deliver free spins when three-plus land on-screen.
Comparison with Emoji Planet
NetEnt casinos have also revealed a wave of new emoji slots that have used the more modern name for these visual expressions of emotion. Emoji Planet also emerged during summer 2017 and comes with the following features:
- Amusing intro video: The hilarious intro video makes users more excited to play.
- Innovative interface: The interface grid of six reels and five rows providers a fresher experience compared to just five reels and three rows.
- Cluster pays: The coming together of five or more symbols in a cluster will trigger a payout, with the winning symbols being automatically replaced.
- Emoji rewards: Each emoji has a meter that can be filled via winning combinations. The filling of a bar will trigger a unique reward for the achievement.
Strategy and Tips
The emoticons are some of the most rewarding symbols in the game, so these should be the main targets for players. The best-case scenario will be to have a streak of matching emoticons and then being rewarded with higher winnings. You should then walk away with the winnings before sending some celebratory emoticons to your nearest and dearest.
Emoticoins is a slot that’s low on depth or variety, but this will hardly matter to any players who just want a little bit of fun and to try and bag some winnings. In this regard, Emoticoins is at its strongest, thanks to the mobile compatibility, high number of paylines, and extremely lucrative base game symbols.