For the uninitiated, Kaiju is a Japanese genre in which enormous monsters typically attempt to attack large cities and their inhabitants. In this case, the city is a fictional one that has been conceived by developer ELK Studios.
Play Kaiju Slots at…
Finding Kaiju slots is a breeze when you pick one of the top mobile casinos from our handpicked list of prospects:
Lucky Admiral players can earn frequent turns for the Mega Reel, earn free spins, and gain weekly cashback bonuses from this generous casino site. more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Deposit afresh with Top Dog Slots to potentially gain up to 500 free spins. Alternatively, you might get to spend a shopping voucher online. more...Visit website for full T&C's.
There is a slick, anime-inspired intro video that bears the words: “Humanity’s last refuge. This is my home. I am HA-42,” which is the name given to the fearsome protagonist who is tasked with taking down the Godzilla-styled monster that features in the slot game.
ELK Studios has designed the Kaiju slot to take place in the twilight surrounds of a far-future metropolis in which neon signs dazzle in the streets. The actual slot interface has made translucent, so as to let gamers see the city street in the background.
In terms of size, the Kaiju slot interface measures in at five reels by three rows to display 15 symbols at any one time. However, the special features will allow for the screen to be temporarily extended, but all of that will be explained below in this Kaiju slot review.
Kaiju does not have specific paylines, as the symbols have to be matched in adjacent reels. Therefore, the standard wagering is quite simple, with the total betting values ranging from £2.00 to £100.00. However, you can get more complex by choosing one of the pre-set betting strategies devised by ELK:
- Optimiser: Betting changes automatically based on whether you assign the percentage of your total balance as 1%, 2%, 5%, or 10%.
- Leveller: Betting increases by two levels after five losses, but resets after a win.
- Booster: The bet raises one level after a loss until increasing by four levels.
- Jumper: Your bet increases a level after every win until raised by four levels.
Kaiju carries tremendous winning potential from the fact that the top jackpot measures in at an impressive 130,440 coins, while there are 7,776 ways to win. Here are some of the most valuable symbol multipliers when five are matched:
- Red gem: 300x
- Blue gem: 200x
- Green gem: 160x
The action shall grow even more intense if you are able to benefit from any of the bonus features that have been built in by ELK:
- HA-42: Get three bonus symbols to start the Kaiju Battle with seven free spins.
- Vertical Laser: Three vertically connected identical symbols shall trigger the appearance of a wild symbol on a reel created just above.
- Kaiju Battle: A Kaiju will randomly appear and launch into battle. Vertically connected symbols shall lead to reel expansions, hotspots, and sticky wilds.
Strategy and Tips
You should only use the betting strategies if you can grasp how they function, as it’s important to always know how many spins you have left based on your current wagering value. Kaiju is more rewarding from the bonus features, so staying patient to unlock them is important.
Kaiju might seem like a silly concept at first, but it’s one that you will soon grow to appreciate as you begin to benefit from the likes of the Vertical Lasers or Kaiju Battles. These definitely rank higher than the base game symbols in terms of importance.