Compared to blackjack and roulette, baccarat is a much more relaxed affair for players. At land-based casinos, this is a game for laid-back bettors to gather together for a social experience. There’s not too much to know about this game, as it’s super easy to play and enjoy.
Best Places to Play Baccarat Online
If you’d like to get down to playing this game for real then we can suggest the following sites for you to have a go on:
This casino site has absolutely all of the top games, including baccarat. They will treat you to 100% on your first deposit plus an added treat of 20 free spins. more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Get a 100% deposit match when you play here for the first 3 times, you'll be able to use this on their fab range of games. more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Claim your 200% bonus as a new player here, you can use this for up to £150 in bonus funds to play with. They have a whole heap of amazing games for you to experiment with. more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Please double check the full terms and conditions of these offers before you play.
The Rules of Baccarat
When you play baccarat, you may feel a bit lost at first but the steps of the game are actually super simple. Here’s the process that you’ll go through:
- Join a table and place your bet on either the player or the banker. The aim for the bettors is to place money on the hand that they think will have the highest number when the game is finished.
- The player and dealer will each be given 2 cards to start with. The amount of each hand will be tallied up, though face cards don’t count. Only single digits are counted, so if the hand is counted to be 18 the final score would be 8.
- An 8 or 9 count of either hand immediately rewards the player or the dealer a natural win.
- Depending on the count of the hand thus far, the player or dealer may be dealt a third card. This is determined by an initial count of the hand and neither player has control over either of their hands.
- After the third card in each hand, the total is counted and the hand with the most points wins.
Because of the nature of the way this game is played, there usually isn’t a massive opportunity to interact with it. You could almost describe it as quite a passive game, as your main choices lie in what hand you bet on and how much you bet.
Tips and Strategy
There aren’t too many ways to tip your hand as the game pretty much plays by itself. The cards will always be dealt in the same fashion, so players don’t need to take a lot of time to consider what to do next. This is much easier than the likes of blackjack, in which you would need to consider your next moves before you make them.
It’s not important whether you are the player or a spectator in this game either, as the player is bound by the same rules as the dealer. There are things that you can do to improve your chance of winning, like:
- Betting on the dealer
- Track your wins and losses to make sure you’re betting well
- Keep an eye on your budget and don’t wager more than you are willing to lose
- Play mobile baccarat if you want to keep the fun going on the move
Remember to always play at safe online casinos if you want to play this game, as you don’t want to be scammed out of your wagers. Just keep these tips in mind and you’ll be on your way to securing a win in no time at all.
The RTP of Baccarat
Baccarat appeals to players because it has a relatively high RTP when compared to other games. This can be seen illustrated in the comparison table below:
|Texas Hold Em||86.28%|
Some of these games have a lower RTP but more flexibility and room to strategise. Games like poker, for example, may have a lower average return but you can do more to up this if you play wisely.
Online baccarat is a good introduction to the world of table games, as you really don’t need to learn too much about it to succeed. While you have a bit more control here than a luck based game like roulette, you don’t need to understand all of the smaller details. Try it out for yourself to put these theories into practice!