PayPal is by far the safest and most widely accepted alternative to using credit or debit cards online. This pioneering e-wallet is also a staple across many of the web’s best mobile casinos. Check out our guide to using it on the go with some of our top PayPal casinos.
Top mobile casino sites that accept PayPal
You can use any of these casino sites that accept PayPal to get you started with gaming:
Start out @ Mr. Spin with 50 no deposit free spins! PayPal accepted! more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Yarrrr, matey! Lucky Admiral showers you with freebies as soon as you join: spin the Mega Reel and Win up to 500 free spins! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
Grab a £5 no deposit bonus and keep what you win! PayPal accepted! more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Join PocketWin and grab a FREE fiver immediately! more...Visit website for full T&C's.
We recommend that you check the full terms and conditions of all offers on their sites.
Why PayPal Makes Sense
There are several components which make PayPal a household name, and places it at the top of the e-wallet market. Here are some aspects that make this payment method so widely used:
- You can link your credit or debit card to your account, making PayPal an added security feature onto your usual transactions. This makes depositing with this method really streamlined and not too different to just using a card.
- Only your username and password are needed to make a deposit. You don’t need to type out your card details and if you have a fingerprint scanner on your device you can even use that to log in.
- Some PayPal casino sites will offer you additional rewards for using this payment method.
- All of your transactions can be viewed from your account, using the PayPal app, so you can keep track of what’s going on.
All of these features mean that players flock to this payment method, as they enhance their security without a lot of effort.
How Does PayPal Compare to Other Alternate Payment Methods?
PayPal casinos with dedicated mobile functionality typically help out smartphone and tablet players by providing them with several alternative payment methods. In this section, we’ll be evaluating the differences between these payment methods and their benefits.
If you play online often then you’ve probably seen the Paysafecard logo before. They are also popular with players, though it’s a very different service than PayPal.
What is it?
A Paysafecard is a voucher that players purchase in a shop. Just pick how much you want to spend and then pay for it, you can even do this with cash if you like.
How do you use it?
After purchasing your voucher, just access your casino on your phone and pop the 24 digit number into their cashier window. The payment will be added to your account instantly.
- You can pay for this in cash and be totally anonymous
- You don’t need to have a credit/debit card to use it
- Players can combine different denominations to redeem online
- There are no passwords or usernames to remember
- If you lose the voucher then you can’t get it back
- You won’t be able to withdraw with this method
Pay by Phone Bill
If you’re playing on a mobile casino then you may also see the option to make phone bill payments. This handy method relies on your phone bill or credit.
What is it?
To pay with your phone bill is essentially using your phone provider as a middle man. This pops the payment onto your phone bill or takes the money from your available balance.
How do you use it?
To make a payment through this method, you’ll first need to add a phone number to your account. Then, when you deposit you will get a text to authorise the payment from your phone provider to complete the process.
- It’s convenient to do from your mobile device
- You don’t need to have your card details handy to deposit
- More secure than traditional payment methods
- There are limits to the amount you can deposit
- Withdrawals are not accepted
Which is Best?
There’s no definitive answer to this question but when compared to other payment methods, there are some aspects that are better. The ones that you prefer will most likely just come down to the type of player you are; if you want to deposit more you may favour PayPal but if you want to reign in your spending then Paysafecard may be more suitable.
Although there are plenty of alternative payment methods out there, there’s no doubt that PayPal is a fan favourite – for very good reasons. Protecting yourself online is a good idea, don’t be afraid to try new methods of doing just that.