If you’ve ever had questions about the ways in which you can use phone bill casinos to play online then this article is for you! We’re covering all of the most frequently asked questions about this payment method.
The Best Phone Bill Casinos
Before we go on, here’s our pick of the top mobile casinos that take phone bill payments:
Join mFortune & start out with a free fiver - keep what you win! more...Visit website for full T&C's.
Want to feel like a top dog? Enjoy a wide variety of 300+ games, with a welcome package of up to 500 free spins! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
If you’re into playing slots on the go, you should definitely check out Mr. Spin. With 50 no deposit free spins as soon as you join, a cash match bonus & phone bill payments – it’s an instant favourite. more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
Yarrrr, matey! Lucky Admiral showers you with freebies as soon as you join: spin the Mega Reel and Win up to 500 free spins! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
Just remember to pay attention to the T&Cs of these offers, you can read more on their respective sites!
Without any further ado, let’s get onto the Q and A part of our guide!
What Providers Can I Use?
|How is it authorised?||The player must reply to a text to authorise.||A four digit code is texted to the player, entering it onsite releases the payment.|
|Limits on your deposits||£10 per transaction, up to £30 per day.||£30 per transaction with no daily limit.|
|Availability||The more popular of the two methods, Boku is accepted at thousands of casino sites.||This payment method is slightly less common but growing in popularity.|
|Costs||Free to the player with a small percentage being paid by the merchant.||Free to the player but more expensive for the merchant than Boku.|
|Additional features||Boku 1 Tap allows you to pay for things at the touch of a button once set up on your mobile.||None.|
How do you Deposit with these Payment Methods?
Create a casino account– For convenience let’s assume you have a working smartphone and pay a monthly bill. This means the first step will be to create an account with a casino that accepts Payforit or Boku.
Visit the Cashier – At this stage, you can visit the cashier immediately because Payforit and Boku do not require players to register accounts like with PayPal or Neteller. In fact, they function like evouchers in their anonymity.
Select Your Deposit Value – Payforit and Boku both have maximum payment limits, while the minimum will depend on the casino. Simply choose your value within the available range and then click to proceed.
Complete the Security Check – The casino will use your smartphone to finish the transaction. Now, what this means is that you enter your number. A security message will then arrive, you’ll need to reply or use the PIN to confirm.
What Advantages does this Payment Method Offer?
- It’s very appealing to rapidly perform a transaction by an iPhone, Android, or other device. This convenience extends to the fact that there is no need to create an account with payment provider, as with ewallets such as PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller. Meanwhile, paysafecard also doesn’t require users to have accounts.
- The average player will be comfortable with a transaction limit of £30. As such, they can stay safe in knowing that £30 is their maximum exposure to risk, whereas this can rise exponentially higher for credit cards.
- The removal of credit cards from the equation means that players no longer have to submit their details online. Although ewallets are known for their security, some players do choose to connect their credit cards for adding and withdrawing funds.
Are there any Disadvantages?
- Phone bill payments are like paysafecard in that their most obvious disadvantage is that withdrawals cannot before performed. Payforit and Boku are designed for micropayments by charging them to phone bills, so the infrastructure is simply not in place for withdrawals.
- High-rolling players will be restricted in the value of their deposits. Therefore, it will be not be possible to claim some of the top-end deals that are highly rewarding for larger deposits.
- The biggest con is the possibility of losing track of payments and incur a huge phone bill, so always try to keep a record of your spending and avoid this nightmare.
How Do I Make Withdrawals?
The main wrinkle of mobile casino pay by phone bill experiences is that you cannot withdraw winnings to your monthly bill. There simply isn’t a system in place to allow for this functionality, so you need to find an alternative from the main options outlined here.
MasterCard and VISA are the most widely accepted payment methods in the business,meaning accessibility is seldom an issue.
- Accessibility is seldom an issue because of how widely accepted these credit cards are, but you will struggle with the likes of American Express and Diners Club International.
- Another strength of credit cards is that that legitimate casinos are less likely to impose fees for withdrawing your hard-earned winnings.
- However, the downside of credit card withdrawals is that they can be quite slow compared to e-wallets. At some casinos, they will make you wait anywhere from five to seven days to claim winnings by credit card.
PayPal can be connected to your preferred credit card or bank account, where your winnings can eventually end up:
- The system of using an e-wallet is one where your trusted payment method will be kept secret and secure from the casino.
- PayPal processing times are typically faster than credit cards, with casinos often dispersing the funds in one to three days.
- Consumer accounts on PayPal will not incur transfer fees, but you will have to check whether or not your bank or credit card provider does.
- A slight detraction of PayPal, however, is that the e-wallet is not as widely accepted as some of its competitors, which are listed below.
Neteller is another possible e-wallet to use at participating pay by phone bill casino sites, but it’s usually easier to find this method compared to PayPal:
- At the same time, Neteller offers pretty much all of the same advantages as PayPal, including the ability to connect and shield your sensitive financial payment methods.
- Neteller will also be in a position to offer quicker withdrawal times compared to credit cards, which are usually subjected to more red tape and procedures.
- There are more fees associated with Neteller, including a 1.75% cash withdrawal fee. Meanwhile, you are limited to four withdrawals of up to £650 inside of 24 hours.
Skrill is part of the same PaySafe company as Neteller, but is often positioned as more of a UK-facing brand:
- Skrill works almost identically to Neteller in that the e-wallet can synchronise with your bank account, debit card, or credit card.
- Your chosen payment method or methods will then be shielded and withdrawals will be completed simply by entering your login details.
- Withdrawals can be processed in anywhere from one to three days, while credit cards are subjected to longer waiting times.
- You have to be smarter for withdrawals for Skrill. This is due to the 7.50% processing fee on VISA transactions, while bank transfers are charged at a flat rate of £4.76.
Which Gaming Software Can I Find on Phone Bill Casinos?
Nowadays, the online casino marketplace is filled with many different software providers. There is a real sense of diversity across the many sites out there, but these are some of the more impressive types of gaming software you will encounter.
NetEnt is one of the earliest and most successful casino software providers, having launched as a business in the late 1990s. Today, NetEnt is known as one of the largest providers in the world for delivering mobile games, video slots, and live dealers, while VR casino games are on the horizon. The biggest NetEnt slots to hit the market have been Guns N’ Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, and the Fairytale Legends slots.
The striking thing about Intouch Games is that the UK company creates gaming software for its very own casino network, which only includes a handful of brands. Incredibly, each of those casino brands is exclusively given slots and games that the others aren’t – that software is also not made available outside the Intouch casino network. Some of the top Intouch slots would have to be Sherlock: Murdered to Death, Robin’s Reels, and Knights of the Round Table.
Playtech stands out for the historic role the company has played as an innovator. In the marketplace, Playtech has been one of the first to unveil novel concepts such as mobile casinos and live dealers. At the same time, Playtech is also highly renowned for its ability to secure licences for making officially branded slot games. Among the top examples have been the DC Comics slots, King Kong, Rocky, and the Pink Panther.
Why Are More New Phone Bill Casinos Launching than PayPal Casinos?
Well, PayPal casinos have never been all that common compared to those offering the ability to pay and withdraw using Neteller and Skrill. Basically, PayPal is a US company and less focused on UK interests than the more British minded PaySafe Group, which owns and operates Neteller and Skrill.
As such, it’s tougher for smaller-scale casino sites so secure deals with PayPal. Meanwhile, the major UK gambling operators that have a presence on the British high street are much more likely to offer PayPal, but this is because they have the scale and resources for PayPal to take notice. Considering the situation, it’s only been natural for phone bill casino launches to overtake PayPal.
The UK can now offer Boku and Payforit as two phone bill payment platforms that are partnered with major British providers, including EE, Three, O2, and Vodafone. In recent years, the emergence of the Nektan network has given the marketplace more than 20 new casinos that operate with a focus on providing mobile gaming and accepting phone bill deposits.
In closing, the mobile casino pay with phone bill concept will appeal to many players. Whether using Payforit or Boku, players will encounter a secure and efficient system. For anybody who enjoys mobile casino gaming, this approach is extremely effective.
Related: Check out these mobile-compatible PayPal casinos.