Slot machines have seamlessly made the transition into the virtual world. Not long after appearing at online casinos, they were improved by their widespread expansion from three reels to five reels, giving players many more chances to win. More recently, there has been a rise in mobile slots because software developers have begun to recognise the growing appetite for mobile gaming.
Below are some excellent sites for mobile slots UK players:
Want to feel like a top dog? Enjoy a wide variety of 300+ games, with a welcome package of up to 500 free spins! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
Yarrrr, matey! Lucky Admiral showers you with freebies as soon as you join: spin the Mega Reel and Win up to 500 free spins on Starburst & more! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
PocketWin offers you great bonuses:1st deposit cash match and a free no-deposit required. You can also enjoy great free spins, and deposit with your phone bill! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
You can play your favourite mobile casino games at mFortune – including unique slots, blackjack, roulette & more! Play for free and keep your winnings! more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
If you’re into playing slots on the go, you should definitely check out Mr. Spin. With no deposit free spins as soon as you join, a cash match bonus & phone bill payments – it’s an instant favourite. more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
Best Slots to Play
Here at Casino Juggler, we have had the pleasure of literally playing hundreds of different slots. Admittedly, some of them have not held up to the test of time, while many others are still a lot of fun and extremely popular among casino players. To help you find options for mobile slots real money, here is a shortlist of options that are definitely worth trying:
Fancy a trip to Scandinavia? Moreover, do you fancy meeting some Vikings on the reels of the Wild Nords slot game? If so, read one, because we have a full review of this great slot for you to read and… more ›Visit website for full T&C's.
We know what you are thinking. Pigs as… pirates? It sounds an unlikely prospect but believe us when we say this slot will have you smiling before it has even fully loaded. Where can you play the Piggy Pirates slot?… more ›
- Red Tiger Gaming
Unlock up to 500 free spins! more ›
As much as 500 FREE spins up for grabs! more ›
100% bonus up to €100 + 50 Echoes! more ›
Grab a 100% deposit match @ Top Dog Slots! more ›
200% Welcome Bonus up to £150! more ›
- up to 18
Up to £150 in Welcome Bonus!
- 243 ways
Loads of FREE spins to take! more ›
- Up to 12
Unlock a £600 welcome package! more ›
Earn echoes & get free spins! more ›
At a glance, the above selections are filled with exciting themes. Gonzo’s Quest is an adventure game packed with treasures, while Immortal Romance is the perfect slot for fans of the Twilight Saga movies. Then, you have the playful Mega Moolah or Tornado Farm Escape for animal lovers.
Also on the list are some officially licensed slots that have been designed in line with entertainment properties. Game of Thrones is obviously a standout option, but you can also explore with Lara Croft in Tomb Raider or Cartman and friends in South Park: Reel Chaos.
Slots fan? Check out our prediction for new slots 2018.
How to Play Slots for Free
If you want to play slots on mobile, then you do not have to always play with money. This section will explain how you can play some fun slot games entirely free of charge.
Free Demo Games
You can often find casino sites that will let you sample slot games in demo mode without a registered account. In other cases, you can create an account without depositing and then sample some of the newly released slot titles.
No Deposit Slots
Bonus funds are not solely available from deposit deals. In fact, there are quite a few gaming destinations where you can create an account to receive bonus funds without performing a deposit – although you might be asked for credit card details to verify your identity.
Complimentary spins are available free at quite a number of casino sites these days. They are usually given away next to deposit bonuses and will a set number of spins that carry a predefined value, such as £0.10 each.
Playing to Win Real Money
In playing for real money, odds will come into play during your slot gaming experience. This topic can quite complicated, but this guide will keep it simple for you.
The Odds of Winning Online Slots
Online slots function using random number generators (RNGs). These are governed by mathematical algorithms that calculate the outcomes entirely at random. Nevertheless, you can consider slots odds in your experience:
- Reels and symbols: On old slot machines, you could physically count the number of symbols and then calculate the chances of them appearing on paylines. Now, though, it is not possible to calculate exact odds for each video slot you play.
- Return to player percentage (RTP): Software providers run thousands of spins to determine the long-term percentage RTP for players. Typically, the RTP of video slots will range from 90% up to 98% at times.
- Random number odds: RNGs and RTPs are the new factors to consider in place of random number odds (RNOs). While it was possible to physically analyse and determined that a slot machine with 10 symbols might have a 999/1 chance of triggering a jackpot, it just cannot be done by online players nowadays.
- Coin odds: This is one of the more intriguing factors, as some progressive slots state that users have a stronger chance of winning by playing with a higher stake. Additional coins can also improve the size of your returns, but there will be the risk of higher losses.
- Five-reel jackpot example: For perspective, here is an example of calculating the odds of matching five symbols on the same payline. Please note, however, that you will not be able to know whether or not a slot is restricted to a specific number of symbols per reel. There are five reels 15 symbols per reel: 15 x 15 x 15 x 15 x 15 = 759,375 possibilities, with jackpot winning odds of 0.00013169%.
Slot Payouts and Return to Player
Odds can be a complex way of analysing slots and not one that makes sense for the average player. However, what can be very helpful is to start thinking about the online slots payouts and RTPs, as these are easier to comprehend.
The online slots payout percentage is typically defined as return to player. This is by no means a guarantee, but will broadly show the winning return that players can expect to receive back when playing a slot for a long period of time. Generally speaking, a slot has a competitive RTP if the percentage is 94.00%, whereas anything below is not as enticing.
Finding the best slots payout percentage is one thing, but you might also want to know what the potentially winnings are. For instance, low variance slots payout smaller amounts in consistent bursts, whereas their high variance counterparts are larger and more erratic. Check the paytable for details on potential jackpot and multiplier values whenever in doubt.
How to Stay Safe Playing Online Slots
Although being an amazing technical achievement, the web is filled with pitfalls that negatively affect your gaming time. Here are some tips on making your casino experience even safer.
Only Use Licensed Casinos
UK casinos and their EU counterparts have to maintain legitimate online gambling licences from the jurisdictions in which they operate. At UK casino sites, you must go to the very bottom of the homepage and look for the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) seal. This is also accompanied by a licence number that can be checked with the UKGC.
Paying with PayPal
You can create a PayPal account and use the e-wallet that comes with it. This works by linking and shielding your financial details to help you make safer payments. Here is a rundown of the perks:
- Single login payments: An active PayPal account will process deposits with only your login details being entered.
- Hide payment details: PayPal forms a wall behind which your credit card or bank account numbers will be shielded.
- Smoother deposits: By only submitting your PayPal login, you will majorly speed up the entire process compared to typing in credit card numbers.
- Quicker withdrawals: Casinos are typically quicker at processing withdrawals that are made to e-wallets like PayPal.
Paying with paysafecard
This is a different approach in that you pay for a voucher and pin code that is exchanged online for money:
- Buy in person: Visiting a physical vendor means you will not have to use your credit card online to make a deposit.
- Secure pin code: Remove the strip shielding the pin code. Simply enter this online with a casino cashier to transfer the funds into your account.
- No withdrawals: A slight issue is that you will not be able to withdraw funds to paysafecard, with the casino requiring an alternative payment method.
Paying with Phone Bill
There are plenty of sites now offering mobile slots pay with phone bill. The system is one where deposits are made through billing them to mobile phone contracts:
- Ultra convenient: You do not have to leave your house like with paysafecard and you can still make a deposit directly to your casino site.
- Text message confirmation: These payments work based on linking your phone bill to your casino account. This is performed through text message confirmations that are sent securely to your smartphone.
- No withdrawals: It’s the same state of affairs as paysafecard, as withdrawals are not available to phone bills. This, you will need to present a different method for withdrawal.
Top Software Providers for Slots
A vast wave of new software providers have opened for business, but they are all chasing the industry heavyweights who have continually proved their credentials over a number of years.
NetEnt is a Swedish software company that has driven innovation through producing enhanced graphics, better features, new layouts, and also embracing virtual reality as the next step forward. NetEnt is superb at making slots that are visually impressive, packed with features, and compatible mobile devices – this provider is supremely consistent.
Playtech joined the marketplace in 1999 and has become one of the largest software providers. The company has produced incredible, slots such as Age of the Gods, Everybody’s Jackpot, Batman, Man of Steel, and more. Playtech has numerous impressive slots, but the developer can lack quality in some of its less well-known releases.
At Microgaming, there is a strong sense of heritage, given that the company founded in 1994. Now, there are hundreds of Microgaming slots covering almost every theme imaginable. Castle Builder 2 offers medieval action, Halloween is a scary thrill ride, and Mega Moolah is a charming animal adventure featuring a huge progressive jackpot.
Jumpman Gaming casinos are become ever more popular, having opened with widespread mobile compatibility. Meanwhile, there is a deep selection of slot games from numerous talented software providers. When exploring themes, players can find slots that are tasty, funny, scary, action-packed, thrilled, and all-round entertaining.
Analysing the Best Designed Slots
There are too many slots to count in the world, which is why it is more important than ever to go back and consider the best designed slot games ever released.
Not every slot is going to have elaborate graphics and characters, but Starburst is a lesson in why design matters for the more basic slot themes. Every one of the jewel symbols looks incredible, helping to draw players in for a five-reel experience where they can win both ways along 10 lines and win up to 50,000 coins.
Gonzo’s Quest was one of the first video slots to make software providers realise the potential of history themes. This slot features a character called Gonzo who ventures off seeking El Dorado and his fortune in gold. Gonzo’s Quest also feels breakable symbols that will fall away on paylines and raise a multiplier with consecutive wins.
Jack and the Beanstalk
Fantasy trappings abound in Jack and the Beanstalk, which begins with an amazing cartoon video showing Jack flee the giant. Jack and Beanstalk will give players the ability to win up to 60,000 coins along free spins, Walking Wilds, and a Treasure Collection. This slot has been so popular that it’s being converted as a VR slot experience.
Warlords: Crystals of Power
Warlords: Crystals of Power also starts with an excellent intro video to show the three warlords, factions, and animals starring in the slot. All of these elements are played in the form of battles that can be triggered from the free spins. Warlords will also present the chance to unlock free spins and a jackpot of up to 1,000,000 coins.
Slot games have been designed in several core formats over the years, but now you can explore the different variants you can expect to encounter.
These are the standard wooden and plastic machines that you can find down at a local pub. Pub slots are usually themed and will feature a mini game that players can reach from the base game for extra winnings.
When playing online, these are the three-reel slots that feel most like a throwback to pub machines from the past. Classic slots are known for having three reels and only one or a few paylines.
Flat Top Slots
Flat top slots are closest to classic slots. They are available online, but are extremely basic in that they have no theme, one payline, one jackpot, and no special features. Generally, they are not very exciting.
This is often an umbrella term to describe modern-day online slots that have five reels or more. The video term is used to signify the more advanced technology compared to classic slots, with animations often included in the design.
Quite simply, the term multiline is used to explain slot games that have multiple paylines in place. For instance, you can have five-reel slots boasting 15 lines, 20 lines, 25 paylines, or even more besides.
Again, this is a term used signify the visual design of a game. In this case, software providers go out of their way to create visual backgrounds with 3D qualities. This can enable the showcasing of immersive world and quirky characters.
These slots games are also fitted with progressive jackpots. At times, the jackpots can be divided into multiple levels, with the top tiers reserved for very special circumstances. The jackpots are assembled through percentages of multiple players’ bets being drawn together.
Mobile Slot Glossary
This portion of the guide is intended to be your A-Z glossary of the most important slot terms that you should know about:
- Auto-play: An option where players can choose to make a set number of spins at a pre-assigned value (e.g. 25 spins at £0.50 each).
- Bonus round: This is a special feature that constitutes a mini game where winnings can be unlocked. The nature of the mini games will differ among slots.
- Coin value: The financial value that players attribute to the coins that are used to cover active paylines.
- Free spins: A special feature where players receive an amount of spins for which they do not have to pay for.
- Jackpot: The absolute maximum amount of winnings that can be triggered.
- Multipliers: The numbers placed beside symbol combinations shown in the paytable. Match a combination to trigger the equivalent multiplier.
- Paylines: These are the lines upon which players can land matching symbols in trying to earn winnings.
- Paytable: The area where you can learn more about the slot, with details covering the likes of symbols and their multipliers along with any bonus details.
- Reels: The vertical strips of a slot game that accommodate the symbols.
- RNG: Random number generator – the algorithm that operates the slot game entirely at random.
- Rows: These are the horizontal strips that crisscross the reels going in the other direction.
- RTP: The return to player is a long-term percentage intended to show players how much they can win back over hundreds of spins.
- Scatters: For the most part, these are used to trigger free spins or bonus rounds. Developers choose depending on their preference for how they function exactly.
- Symbols: The small images that populate the reels and rows of slot games and carrying the potential to trigger winnings.
- Slot tournaments: events held by casinos wherein players compete against one another over a short period of time. For instance: slot races.
- Variance (low/high): Low variance slot games deliver frequently small winnings, but high variance slots provide infrequently large windfalls.
- Wilds: A type of symbol that has the ability to fill the spaces left by base game symbols on paylines.
Comparing Mobile Slots vs. Desktop Slots
Desktop devices were the early frontrunners of the online casino marketplace, with smartphones and tablets not yet capable of delivering compelling experiences. Now, though, mobile gaming has firmly caught up:
- An overwhelming majority of desktop video slots will only use a small portion in the middle of the screen.
- Desktop slots do not use as much as space as you might think. This is why developers do not struggle to make their best video slots available on smartphones.
- Mobile slots have a definite usability edge on desktop slots because of their touchscreen design.
- Being able to simply touch the screen to make your wagering decisions is so much quicker and simpler than moving a cursor all over the screen and clicking a button.
- Desktop slots restrict you to gaming at home, whereas mobile provides incredible freedom.
Find the best Mobile Slots
The simplest piece of advice is to pay close attention to the intro videos of the mobile slots that you do like. This is where you will usually be able to see the name of the software developer that made the slot. If you are highly impressed, then it is quite likely that you will enjoy some other mobile slots in the developer’s back catalogue.
Casino Juggler can help you out by giving you access to guides on popular software developers and their most popular games, helping you to find the best titles. This site is here to help you in all of your online casino gaming requirements.