Playtech casinos have the brand new 21+3™ Live Casino Blackjack feature as a means of enhancing the experience. Playtech will give players the option to cover these live casino side bets on every round, which will add even more opportunities to win. To find 21+3™, you can visit the recommended online casino below…
Where to Find 21+3™
Casino.com: This Playtech casino will give you live dealer action on mobile, tablet, and desktop. Sign up via CasinoJuggler.com and you will have an exclusive 200% bonus on your first deposit.
How Side Bets Work
To summarise, blackjack calls for you to play against the dealer and use playing cards to get as close to 21 as you can without going over. After starting with two cards, you have the option to hit or stick, with it possible to go bust when you go past 21.
With 21+3™, you can add an extra side bet at the start of each hand. Essentially, this doubles the size of your stake, as you are covering two different bets. While you will have extra chances to win, this is offset by the times when you do not.
By design, 21+3™ has been created as a poker mini game, with players using their first two cards and the dealer’s up-card to create a viable hand. To receive a payout, players must have one of the following hands: three-of-a-kind, straight, flush, straight flush, and suited three-of-a-kind.
Enhanced odds will be awarded for the stronger hands, with players potentially winning up to 100 times their side bet for getting three-of-a-kind suited. Ultimately, a 100x payout will make up for a string of side bet losses.
Breaking Down the Pros and Cons
Playtech’s 21+3™ Blackjack side bet is an exciting new feature in table games, which see much fewer innovations compared to video slots. Fortunately, there are software providers like Playtech that are committed to making themed table games and devising new features to enhance the experience. Here are the main pros and cons for 21+3™:
- Larger winnings: When things go well, you will be winning even more than your 50-50 payout on the standard bet.
- Poker hands: 21+3™ uses poker hands, making it more relatable than the perfect pairs system of matching two identical cards from the same suit.
- Cover standard losses: At times, you might encounter moment when your blackjack hand loses and your 21+3™ hand actually wins. This will help to cover the standard loss and increase your gaming time.
- Tougher to win: Side bets can have a habit of draining your bankroll, as they payout much less frequently compared to standard blackjack hands.
- Difficult to walk away: The second possible con is that some players will find it difficult to avoid the lure of the feature. To protect yourself, always set a pregame budget and stick to it.